Universal Orlando Resort Shares Top Tips to Help Guests Plan an Epic Vacation
There’s so much to see and do at Universal Orlando Resort, home to three amazing theme parks, five (soon-to-be six) incredibly-themed onsite hotels and an entertainment complex. We’ve compiled our top family travel tips to help you have the most epic vacation at our destination. Check out the tips and fun facts below:
Family Vacation Travel Tips:
1. Easily navigate the theme parks by downloading the Universal Orlando Resort mobile app. Download the Universal Orlando Resort mobile app to help navigate all three theme parks and check out parade show times, character meet & greets, attraction wait times and more.
2. Know before you go. Visit universalorlando.com and check out Universal Orlando’s online family vacation planner, where you can completely customize your vacation and access experiential videos, travel tips, sample itineraries, vacation packages and more. 3. Experience it all with a park-to-park ticket. The best way to experience all the excitement is with a multi-day,
3-Park park-to-park ticket which is a great value and gives you access to our three theme parks.
4. Enjoy great perks by staying at one of our four on-site hotels. When you stay at one of our five on-site hotels, you’ll be within walking distance to both theme parks and Universal CityWalk . Plus, enjoy special exclusive benefits including early-park admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour before the theme park opens, poolside movies and more.
5. Maximize your fun and see it all with a Universal Express Pass. Bypass regular lines at participating rides and attractions in both theme parks with an Universal Express pass. And if you stay on-site at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort or Hard Rock Hotel, you’ll receive complimentary Express access for the duration of your stay.
6. Be theme park savvy. If you arrive early to the parks, start in the back and work your way to the front to avoid the predictable morning traffic patterns and longer wait times for the attractions closest to the entrance of the parks.
7. If you are a Harry Potter fan, begin your day at Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade. If you are a Harry Potter fan come to the park when it opens and head to either The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley (at Universal Studios Florida) or The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade (at Islands of Adventure) first. Once you have had a chance to experience one of the lands, you can then journey to the other on the Hogwarts Express (park-to-park admission is required).
8. Take advantage of child swap. If your kids are too small or unwilling to go on a particular ride you want to experience, please take advantage of our "child swap" program. Each ride and attraction has a child swap area where one member of your party can wait with the kids while the rest of your party rides. Once they are off the ride, swap places and whoever rode can stay with the kids while the adult(s) who sat out get the opportunity to enjoy the ride right away.
9. Make your meals easy and get great savings with a Universal Dining Plan. You can pre-purchase one of four dining options at a great value and take the stress away from planning out your family meals. Once you’ve purchased a dining plan, all you have to do is select a venue at the theme parks or Universal CityWalk, present your dining plan card for payment and enjoy mealtime with your family. Reservations for full service dining locations are recommended.
10. Have fun cooling off. Cool off during those hot Orlando days by experiencing Universal Orlando’s exciting water rides. From Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls to Jurassic Park River Adventure to water-filled fun in Kidzone, we make cooling off a fun adventure of its own.
Did You Know?... 1. Children under 3 get in free. Children under three years of age receive complimentary admission into every Universal Orlando Resort theme park! 2. There are multiple children’s play areas within all three theme parks. You'll find a number of unique children’s play areas in all three theme parks that are perfect for the little ones, including If I Ran the Zoo, Me Ship the Olive and Camp Jurassic in Islands of Adventure; Fievel's Playland and Curious George Goes to Town in Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone at Universal Studios; and Runamukka Reef and Tot Tiki Reef at Universal’s Volcano Bay. 3. We have height certificates for the kids. Available at Guest Services, height certificates allow younger riders who don’t meet the height restrictions to bypass the line anytime in the future when they are tall enough to ride. They even get to bring three additional people with them! And it helps children feel included on the bigger attractions while also creating a special vacation moment for them. 4. We have children’s activity centers so you can enjoy date night on vacation. Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort and Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando offer its hotel guests a supervised children’s activity center (for an additional fee) where kids ages 4 – 14 can have fun while mom and dad enjoy a date night out. The activity centers are open every evening with reservations recommended. 5. Your furry family members can join you on vacation. At Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, pets are welcome! For an additional fee, up to two pets are allowed to stay with you in a specially designated “pet-friendly” hotel room. They even get a special pet room service menu! Your furry family member(s) can also enjoy various areas throughout the hotel, walking paths, special check-in goodie bag and more. For more information please visit: